Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Leaf Ghost #100

For #100 I wanted to make a couple of significant steps.

This is the first time I’ve repeated paint colors. The hues and wet-on-wet technique here are the same as what I used for #84 way back at the beginning of Ghost Week two months ago. The difference here is watercolor board rather than watercolor paper. On the plus side, it didn’t warp at all. On the minus side, it absorbed the water so quickly that it made the wet-on-wet technique harder to apply evenly.

But more significantly, this is the first leaf ghost I’ve framed. I chose a shadow box frame to make the painting look more like a preserved specimen of something natural. It’s a fun effect, though I may need to re-attach the board to the backing with a different adhesive.


No comments:

Post a Comment