Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Deadly Light - Day Three

An uneven but overall successful day. I got an early start on writing this morning, hoping to hit quota before the day’s activities commenced. We have a set program of movies and holiday specials we like to watch on Christmas Eve, and I didn’t want to interrupt that to write. On the other hand, I wanted to keep on pace. Stephen King says 2000 words per day, weekends and holidays included. So that’s the standard I’ve set for myself.

For awhile it didn’t look like I was going to make it. I was nearly 500 words short when I had to stop this morning and run a last minute errand. And I couldn’t make myself go back to it. Facing the prospect of coming up short because I didn’t feel like writing (a rare occurrence during the Deep Mist challenge), I sat back down at the keyboard after Scrooge concluded the media marathon. And managed to meet and beat the 2k standard.

By odd coincidence, my daily total was exactly the same as Monday: 2191 words. The novel currently sits at 6384.

No comments:

Post a Comment