Monday, January 30, 2023

Metal Earth Model – Brooklyn Bridge

I’m developing some real affection for the architectural parts of the Metal Earth collection. As a group they’re considerably less challenging than some of the other sets.

This entry is a case in point. No loose connections. No round parts. Only two pieces so tiny I had to use tweezers to install them (and even then they didn’t require bending). Overall this was a calm, enjoyable build.

My only hesitation about recommending this one to beginners is that the instructions aren’t always crystal clear. For example, the duplicate parts aren’t color coded the way they are for most Metal Earth kits I’ve built in the past. If you’re used to these models, that shouldn’t throw you too far off. Even though 6 and 16 looked a lot alike, it was still immediately apparent that you couldn't install one where the other was supposed to go.

Plus it’s always fun to build a model of someplace I’ve actually been.

No comments:

Post a Comment