Sunday, January 7, 2024

Leaf Ghost #123

New year, new paper. One of my purchases at our traditional post-Christmas art supply shopping expedition was a sketchbook of tan paper. I had some success in 2023 with grey paper, so I thought this might be fun as well.

Turns out to be right. I really like the way this one looks, especially with the black and deep red on the tan page. I’m definitely looking forward to doing more with this.

However, I note that it doesn’t photograph particularly well. I think the iPhone’s algorithms may be recognizing that there’s paper in the photos and trying to color correct to make the paper white. The result in the photo above is a murky grey appearance. The ghost’s “official portrait” is a little closer to the subject’s true colors, but even that one isn’t quite right. I’m super busy with the start of the semester upon me, but in the future when I do more work in this sketchbook I hope to have the time to do some color correction before posting photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment