Thursday, November 20, 2014

Deep Mist Day 20

Two thirds done with the month. A little better than 70% of the way to the 50k mark. Another day without as much progress as I’d like during the day but then a burst later in the evening. I have the characters into the hostile village now. Boy has this part of the tale taken some twists I wasn’t expecting. Almost miraculous, because not only do they make better sense in the overall plot but they’re also spookier than what I’d originally planned.

And tomorrow things will get even worse. I plan to grade papers in the morning and then spend the rest of the day marathon writing until I can’t write anymore.

Daily totals: 1850 words for the day, 8629 in the section and 35,612 in the novel. Less than 15,000 words to go, at least for the Novel Writing Month goal. Who knows how much farther the story will go beyond that? Current guess is somewhere between 50 and 60, though I couldn’t be any more precise than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment