Friday, February 16, 2024

Leaf Ghost #129

Turning 58 has brought me mindful of where I was 40 years ago. I’d like to think that 18-year-old me would have taken some comfort in the knowledge that four decades hence I’d spend the morning drawing while it snowed outside and a partially-blind, tailless cat napped nearby.

The drawing itself involved tech pens, a tool I’ve largely avoided because they’re a pain to clean. But I was using them for another project, so waste not want not on the ink.

When I finished the cross-hatching, I thought the blue leaf looked a little more like it was cut out of the field of green rather than floating above it. So as an experiment I drew the shadows accordingly. I won’t make this a regular thing, but it was a fun experiment that I’ve been meaning to try for awhile now.

Oh, and the other project I used the tech pens for was learning to draw with the lettering set we recently purchased from ScrapsKC.

No comments:

Post a Comment