Monday, March 13, 2023

Leaf Ghost #61

For some time now I’ve been writing in my diary using Stabilo (is it Stab-i-lo or Stay-bi-lo?) point 88 fine 0.4 pens, blue for the dates and black for the body copy. More directly to the point for the current project, I also have a set of various colors that I’ve been using for the labels at the bottom of leaf ghosts. So this afternoon I thought it might be interesting to try drawing the ghost itself with a range of greens (33, 36, 53 and 63) from the Stabilo set.

By the time I finished cross-hatching the whole page, I managed to get a bit of ink on my hand. Oddly it didn’t smear the drawing itself at all, which I really appreciated.

The lack of need to dip made the process go a little faster, though this many lines still take awhile to draw. As with previous cross-hatched efforts, I felt a drop shadow would detract from the overall effect. So I left it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment