Saturday, March 25, 2023

Leaf Ghost #66

The big news this morning is that today’s leaf ghost went on the final page of the first leaf ghost sketchbook. This is the first time in my life that I’ve ever completely filled a sketchbook. It’s kind of a weird feeling.

As the first ghost in the book was created with Prismacolor pencils, I thought it fitting to use the same materials for the last one. I even watched a Skill Share lesson on working with colored pencils to see how to hatch with them.

I’d describe the results as semi-successful. The colors are Dark Brown, Burnt Ochre, Dark Green, Apple Green and 70% warm grey. At this level of saturation, the difference between the colors (especially the dark hues) is super subtle. Indeed, before I added the drop shadow, it was a little hard to even recognize it as a leaf.

I also needed to alter my usual drawing pattern in order to avoid smudging. The thing I liked the least was that it was impossible to erase the under-sketch, which is still clearly visible in the final drawing.


No comments:

Post a Comment