Friday, June 2, 2023

Leaf Ghost #83

Back home, and back to less elaborate set-ups.

Though I have a good range of Copic markers, most of the reds look similar to each other. I like it when the colors don’t have as much contrast, but some of these took me by surprise even when I tested the inks before I started drawing.

In particular, my “embrace the analog” approach was put to the test when the Prawn marker started out much darker than expected. You can see it lighten from the start in the top row on down the page to the bottom.

I also note that the paper in the Copic sketchbook is somewhat inconsistent. The first page was super thin and had a coated feel to it. But the last one and this one were thicker, more of a Bristol feel to them, and consequently less bleed-through.

Still, after green and blue monochromes, this one seemed like the obvious next choice for a color scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment