Monday, June 5, 2023

Leaf Ghost #85

A new nib this morning. This is the Speedball B-5, the tip of which is a small circle rather than a fine point. The result is wider lines.

I had no idea how this would turn out, but I definitely like the darker, more saturated colors. The Winsor and Newton Blue tended to pool up at the end of each stroke. The Orange didn’t pool as badly, but it was pickier about the pen being at the perfect angle to press the tip flat against the paper. The drop shadow is Ultramarine brushed on, which went as well as it typically does.

For comparison, this ghost is the same orange with a narrower tip, and this ghost is the same blue only narrower. Note that the colors here may be “popping” a bit more because they’re direct complements.

I don’t know if this will become my nib of choice for cross-hatched leaf ghosts, but I will definitely return to it in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment