Sunday, November 4, 2018

The Elliptical Crown – Day Four

Today was an interesting exercise in actually having too much time to write. Thanks in part to the switch off Daylight Saving Time, I ended up with several hours this afternoon. I actually hit a wall where I was still gunning for my optimal daily word count but having more and more trouble staying focused.

Eventually I gave up and went downstairs to cook dinner. After we ate and watched a little television, I sat back down and found a renewed burst of energy. I could actually have kept going if I hadn’t stopped myself in order to get to bed on time.

Today’s work finally got Rose out of NYC and off to Boston. When I first started outlining the story, I had no idea that what basically amounts to a prelude turned out to have such a large word count. At this point I am definitely looking forward to seeing what other details insert themselves as the novel continues to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment