Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Legrasse Estate - Day One

Novel Rhino is off to a good start, thanks in no small part to the extra hour from the end of Daylight Saving Time.

Throughout the project I intend to maintain past practice of not dwelling excessively on stats (at least not here in the blog). But I managed to finish the first chapter of the book, which took me slightly over 4000 words into the project. Looking back at previous projects, I note that I typically start with an above average day at the outset. But this one surpasses them all by a substantial margin.

I intend for the plot structure to follow the strategy from the original Poltergeist: start slow and suburban, and then start mixing in the horror. Thus today’s text didn’t include a lot of shambling or gibbering. But at least it hung a few rifles on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment