Thursday, September 30, 2021

Coloring Book Page – Cthulhu

 

I’d been looking forward to working on this page from the Call of Cthulhu coloring book for two reasons.

First, one of my upcoming NaNoWriMo projects revolves around this small statue of Cthulhu from H.P. Lovecraft’s story “The Call of Cthulhu.” So spending some time looking at it helped me start to get into the writing mindset.

Second, it gave me the chance to experiment around with some of Fresco’s tool set. This started as two copies of the same line drawing. The coloring on the left is traditional, comic book style stuff. The one on the right was my first foray into Fresco’s watercolor simulation abilities. Clearly I still have a lot to learn about how it works, but at least I started experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment