Friday, October 1, 2021

Coloring Book Page – Hunting Horror

I had a lot of fun with this one. The monster here is a Hunting Horror, a creature that dissolves when hit with bright light.

The colors on the car are based on a photo of a Rolls Royce Phantom 1, but the rest of the colors in the picture are original. In addition to the coloring, I added the stars in the sky using a couple of spatter brushes, and I drew some green lines to supplement the black lines in the headlight beam.

With two gradient fills and some masking, I moved back and forth a bit between Fresco and Photoshop (the mobile version). This involved an annoying lag between saving the file in one app and being able to open the updated version in the other. Otherwise the combo worked reasonably well.

This was the first time I went back at the end and added a black layer behind the drawing. The extra step patched some of the inevitable gaps between the colors, improving the overall look.

No comments:

Post a Comment