Saturday, November 10, 2018

The Elliptical Crown – Day Ten

A much better showing today. Last night (technically this morning) after midnight I kept writing for awhile, giving myself a running start. This evening after dinner I started at the same time I've been starting (give or take a half hour or so), but I had a more productive writing session than I've had for the last couple of nights.

At least part of the difference was that I've finally gotten past the dull set up. The legal details are in the rear view, and the actual story is finally getting underway.

This evening's session began in the middle of the conversation at the Chamber of Commerce, and it ended in the office of the museum's curator. Between the start and the stop was the protagonist's first look at the great McGuffin itself. It was an interesting experience rewriting Lovecraft's description so it conveyed the same descriptive information but substituted a vague sense of unease for his "ultimate quintessence of unknown and inhuman evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment