Sunday, September 25, 2022

Leaf Ghost #22

This was my second attempt at a leaf ghost drawn with only one color of ink. I’ve made a few revisions to the concept since my last single-ink attempt (#11), so I was curious to see how it would turn out.

So what have we learned?

Coincidentally, the last time I used only one color of ink, it was also from Noodler’s. This time it was black rather than sequoia green. The green smudged while I was working, so I was curious to see if that was something common to the company’s inks or just that one color. Maybe a little of both, as it turned out. The drop shadow I applied with the C nib smeared a bit, but the rest of it didn’t smudge during the drawing process. Though the eraser crumbs were dark with ink when I got rid of the under sketch at the end, it didn’t smear or otherwise affect the drawing at all.

This is also the first one to suffer serious human error. I was midway through the second pass on row three, column four before I noticed that I shouldn’t have been doing a second pass on that square. Oops.

On the other hand, I’m pleased with how the shades work together. That’s an important moment, because it means I can use this same approach for more monochromatic entries in the future. It will be nice to be able to do quick leaf ghosts without a lot of elaborate set-up at the start or clean-up at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment