Friday, September 23, 2022

Metal Earth Model – Film Projector

This is my 24th Metal Earth model build. I think I’m starting to get the hang of it now.

Of course no amount of practice helps when you need to bend a tab between pieces you’ve already assembled, a gap so small you can’t get any of your tools into it. And as you can probably tell just by looking at it, this is not the model for you if you don’t like bending cylinders.

On the other hand, several folks on the Facebook groups griped about how hard it was to attach the film strip and bend it through its several twists and turns. I didn’t struggle with that part too badly. I also appreciated the decision to not postpone the ever-dreaded join-eight-tabs-at-once step until the end. When the build finishes on a less frustrating note, it’s easier to walk away with a positive impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment