Saturday, May 6, 2023

Leaf Ghost #76

Again the experiment this time around was the paper rather than the paint. One of the sketchbooks I bought at Dick Blick earlier this week is specifically for watercolors, so I was curious to see how wet-on-wet would compare to the mixed media paper I’ve been using.

It was a different experience, but I’m pleased with the result. Originally I intended to make the leaf blue, but I had a last minute change of heart and went with green. In the process, I inadvertently reused the color scheme from Leaf Ghost #65. That’s okay, though. It gave me the chance to compare Art Creation tube to Yasutomo tray watercolors. The latter work better for this technique, at least in terms of the amount of paint used.

Hard to beat the colors, too. The yellow went on surprisingly evenly, but the others have the look specific to wet-on-wet. I also liked how the lighter areas of the dark green were so close to the darker areas of the light green.


No comments:

Post a Comment