Sunday, May 7, 2023

Leaf Ghost #77

I got a snazzy new Copic branded sketchbook and couldn’t wait to try it out with Copic markers.

The results aren’t bad, but they aren’t spectacularly different from the mixed media paper I’ve been using with the markers. The paper has a nice, smooth texture. But it’s thin and bleeds through like crazy. I get the feeling the premium price is more for the branding than for the paper quality, which makes me glad I got it on discount.

When choosing colors, I did the thing artists should never do: made my selections based on color names rather than saturation and brightness levels. As a result, here we have YG63 Pea Green, YG21 Anise, G17 Forest Green, G03 Meadow Green and YG67 Moss. Despite the not-by-the-book palette, I like how the combination turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment