Thursday, May 4, 2023

Leaf Ghost #74

Acrylics again. The background colors are the same as last time, and the foreground colors are Flat Brown and a mix of Brown Sand and Flat Brown (with a Black Red drop shadow). This is the first time I’ve ever mixed colors for use with an airbrush.

And now that I mention it, this was airbrushed. The new Badger 150 Patriot in its trial run proved much easier to use than the Krome, knock wood. I’ll need to do some more work with it before declaring it a success, but at least initial signs are good.

Thanks to an overabundance of caution on the paint-to-thinner mix (seeking to avoid the jamming problems that plagued the old brush), I used way too much thinner for the Flat Red in the background. As a result, it got all over the place, even creeping up under the masking film and making a mess. By the end of the process I’d found a more even mix that gave me better coverage and less splatter.

Though I made a few more mistakes along the way, overall I’m pleased with how this one came out. I’m looking forward to trying more airbrush work in the future.

I’m also looking forward to trying a new color scheme. It’s getting to be time to break out of the red and brown rut.


No comments:

Post a Comment