Saturday, May 20, 2023

Leaf Ghost #80

The experiment this time around was entirely unintentional: this is the first time I’ve changed pens in the middle of applying a color. 

Actually more toward the beginning. I was a square or two into using Peacock Blue for the darker of the two background colors when I found that the pen was running too low on ink to use for the rest of the drawing. Fortunately the dead pen was B06, and I just happened to have B05 Process Blue handy as a back-up. The name might not have been as romantic, but the color worked just as well.

The other background blue is B24 Sky, the foreground is B28 Royal Blue and B39 Prussian Blue. The shadow is 100 Black.

This is the 40th ghost of 2023, so I’ve done as many so far this year as I did all last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment