Monday, November 1, 2021

The Fins – Day One

I got off to something of a sideways start today.

In past Novel Rhino years I’ve made a custom of staying up until midnight on Nov. 1 and getting the new season underway with an hour or so of writing before going to bed. This time, however, I was too tired to stay up that late. So I turned in before midnight, vowing to work all the harder the next day (which now of course is today).

As if the spirit of Novel Rhino took offense at my disregard for tradition, I woke up at around 3 a.m. and found myself completely unable to get back to sleep. So I shuffled off to my desk, sat down and got to work.

I don’t know exactly how far that got me, but with that opening push plus a late afternoon writing session and another after dinner, I managed to clear the 2000 word mark.

For the record, I opted to begin with The Legrasse Estate. I’m going to try to finish it in as close to proper NaNoWriMo form as I can and then switch to VIB to round out my 50k word count.

For any future readers of the novel, I resumed work where I left off: the Point Poulpe sheriff’s station. And I made it as far as the altercation in the cemetery before calling it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment