Friday, July 15, 2022

Leaf Ghost #14

Another monochromatic piece, this time using two different shades of red from the Winsor & Newton collection.

After the darker leaf tone blended so excessively with the black background in #13, I decided to switch things up and use the darker shades for the foreground and the light red for the background. This is consistent not only with my original sketches from back in my college days but also what one would expect from an object that’s closer to the viewer in the composition.

I did the drop shadow in the background color, which I will probably change up next time. Otherwise I'm pleased with how this one came out and will probably stick with darker foregrounds in the future.

[note that this one is mislabeled at the bottom]



No comments:

Post a Comment