Thursday, July 7, 2022

Metal Earth Model – LLV Mail Truck

It feels like forever since I finished a Metal Earth model! I actually started this one back in May, but I folded a part the wrong way, snapped it when I tried to correct the problem, threw the kit out, ordered a replacement and then let it sit for quite awhile.

The build itself was mostly enjoyable. The dreaded top-half-to-bottom-half toward the end actually went smoothly. It was the little bits – the mirrors in particular – that twisted in odd angles and proved resistant to easy installation. And joining the front to the middle was one of those moments when I wondered if anyone actually tried assembling the kit they just designed. I also got a little frustrated with the long, thin parts that needed to bend right next to edges that needed to remain straight.

When I first started the build, I considered leaving the driver’s side door open. That way it would look more like an actual mail truck, and the fun details in the cab would be easier to see. Alas, the closed door held the front to the back, so it had to be assembled according to the directions.

This one was fun by its very nature. A mail truck is so normal and everyday, unlike the Lighthouse at Alexandria or the Starship Enterprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment