Thursday, November 9, 2017

Deadly Light – Day Nine

Work proceeds apace. The book’s overall total word count (including the first part) topped 50,000 this evening.

The only complaint I have at this point is that I keep getting stuck in the middle of scenes when the time comes to stop for the night. The scene I completed with time to spare was much longer than I thought it would be. It was only two lines in my notes (one of which got moved for the most part to the next scene), but it stretched past five single-spaced pages in the manuscript.

To clear my daily word count quota, I began the next scene. I got right up to the point where things start to get interesting, looked at the clock and decided to call it. Now I can’t wait until tomorrow when I find out how this part fleshes out.

Spoiler alert: plot points follow.

The big scene I finished was the sit-down between Rachel, Anna and Bea in which they share what they know about what’s going on. Writing Bea’s part of the conversation was fun, because the tale of rotten things in Summer Falls’s history almost became a story all by itself.

In the following bit I got the characters as far as the door of Johanssen’s hospital room.

No comments:

Post a Comment