Friday, November 10, 2017

Deadly Light – Day Ten

My only previous National Novel Writing Month victory was in 2014. That year I started with a word count of zero, and on the day before Thanksgiving I finished Deep Mist, my only novel-length novel to date. It ended up at 51,626 words.

This evening Deadly Light hit a total word count of 53,525, making it officially the longest work of fiction I’ve ever written. Not bad considering that I’m still not done with part two (though the end is in sight).

Spoiler alert: plot points follow.

This morning I started with Rachel and Bea’s trip to the hospital, and I ended partway into the conversation between Rachel and Ms. Collins about the notebooks. In the middle, of course, is the big reveal about the true nature of the Rip.

No comments:

Post a Comment