Sunday, November 16, 2014

Deep Mist Day 16

And so it begins. Again. Today I started “The Mist,” which I’m guessing will turn out to be the longest single section of the book.

I first had the idea for this tale many, many years ago. In fact, I wrote it up as a screenplay for a screenwriting class I took (manuscript I assume long since lost). For some time now I’ve been meaning to write it up in novel form, but this is the first good opportunity I’ve had to actually get it done.

At this point I’m 2592 words into it, my second highest daily total since the start of the project. And thus far I’m not even done with the groundwork. It may take me another day (or two, depending on workflow) to really get the story kicked into high gear.

The overall project sits at 29,575 words, nearly two full days ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment