Monday, November 10, 2014

Deep Mist Day Ten

Another drop. I felt ill most of the day – called in sick and everything – and didn’t start writing until later in the evening. The good part was that once I actually did sit down at the keyboard things went smoothly.

For the last couple of days I’ve been at a transition point in the story, the stage between “The Island” and “The Final Showdown.” Not that I’m literally naming the sections in the text, but if you read it you’ll be able to see exactly where I am.

Going into the experience, I had a much vaguer idea about these transition spots than I did about the big, action-packed bits. Thus I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how smoothly they’ve gone. Though some days I write more than others, at no point (at least thus far, knock wood) have I gotten stuck with no idea at all what to write. It gives me at least some understanding of why the ancient Greeks thought art was inspired by Muses. Sometimes it does seem a little supernatural how the story seems to keep flowing, even in the parts I didn’t have planned in advance.

So that’s 1072 words for today, bringing the total up to 18,322. That’s ten words or so shy of a day ahead of schedule. With luck I’ll be feeling a little better tomorrow and ready to get back up to speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment