Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Deep Mist Day 25

Argh! So close! I know how the story ends, and I’m two scenes from finishing it (not counting the epilogue for the bracket). Still, I can’t push too hard just because it’s close to the finish. Besides, in all honesty I could use one more night to sleep on it. With luck I’ll be able to dig into it tomorrow morning and have smooth sailing straight to the end.

At this point “The Mist” is less than 1000 words short of the total for “The Depths.” The plateau will certainly finish longer than the sub, but not by as much as I thought. The revision process will be interesting. I’ve noticed that this first draft is almost completely plot. Character and exposition are kind of awkward wedges into the tale. I’m betting that will change when I go back to revise, but what that will mean for word count or overall structure is anybody’s guess.

The numbers: 2319 words for the day, 21,629 for the section and 48,612 for the novel. With merely 1388 words to go in the Novel Writing Month challenge, I should be over the top by this time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment