Saturday, November 22, 2014

Deep Mist Day 22

I cleared the 40k mark today. This is the third straight day I’ve hit an above-average word count (the first time I’ve had a streak that long since the first three days of the project). I’m not sure if that’s because the end at least somewhat in sight (back when I was a runner I always liked to do a sprint at the end of a distance run) or because I’m actually getting excited to find out how it turns out. How dumb is that, to get cranked up about learning the ending to your own story?

I’m right at the edge of starting the “night patrol” episode. The story should be a fairly clear path for the next day or two. After that, well, we’ll just see what happens.

The numbers: 2041 words for the day, 13,230 for the section and 40,213 for the book. Which of course means that I’m now less than 10,000 words from the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment