Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Deep Mist Day Four

My first setback. Well, I knew this would happen. Perhaps it’s for the best that I got it out of the way early and that it wasn’t a total, crushing defeat.

Today I felt ill in the morning. Between resting and stressing over the election (which as of this writing is going badly) I wasn’t in the mindset to write. Even so, I managed to pound out a quick 763 words. That’s my first dip below the 1,666 per day pace, but thanks to my above-pace writing for the first three days I’m still more than a day ahead of schedule. I hope tomorrow I’ll be able to get back on track.

I also want to add at this point that the National Novel Writing Month web site is plagued with some really annoying technical problems. They don’t have it set up to handle the web traffic for 100,000 people all trying to enter their results at once. If ever there was a case for scalable servers and bandwidth, this is it. They need next to nothing for 11 months out of the year, and I’m guessing that once people get discouraged and fall away that they won’t need quite so much even a week from now.

But who am I to tell them how to run their show?

No comments:

Post a Comment