Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Deep Mist Day Five

Still not good, but at least a little better than yesterday. I managed to squeak in just over 1000 words. Clearly that’s not up to the pace I need, but I still have some extra words from opening weekend to keep my average from dropping dangerously low.

I’m also hoping to do better tomorrow. Today I still had the blues pretty bad from the election results. Following so close on the heels of the World Series loss, it left me with a profound sense of pointlessness. Not exactly conducive to fiction writing, all too easy to slip into the whole “everything’s failing and I’ll never finish this novel and even if I do nobody will ever read it” mode. Rationally, however, I know these things don’t last. If I can bust out of this depression, I should be able to get back on track.

Tech-wise, the Novel Writing Month site appears to have overcome its throughput issues. Just in time for Blogger to fail (to be completely accurate, I’m writing this entry the morning after the time stamp says it was created).

No comments:

Post a Comment